Just when thoughts of pumpkin pie and candy canes begin to increasingly dance in our heads, coffee creamer manufacturers take the opportunity to woo consumers with delicious reminders of the upcoming holidays. Available in powder and liquid versions, flavored coffee creamers from International Delight and Nestle Coffee-Mate not only add spice and pizzazz to our java and hot chocolate, but also make interesting ingredients for desserts and tasty toppings for ice cream.
Introduced in 1961, Nestle Coffee-Mate holds the honor of being the first powdered non-dairy creamer on the market in the United States. Currently, the company offers more than 20 liquid and powdered flavors, including 12 reduced-fat and sugar-free selections. Coffee-Mate also provides seasonal creamers, like the powdered and liquid version of Pumpkin Spice. The following selections are available between late October and January:
- Peppermint Mocha (Powder and Liquid) – The chocolate/mocha flavor of this popular seasonal treat takes a backseat to the presence of refreshingly sharp peppermint.
- Gingerbread (Powder and Liquid) – Imagine dropping a piece of gingerbread in your cup of coffee and slowly drinking the aftermath – a successful blend of spices and the taste of an all-too-familiar holiday indulgence.
- Eggnog – Just like the spirited holiday beverage, Nestle captures the creaminess and richness of eggnog without delivering a punishing blow to your waistline.
- Caramel Apple – New this season, this creamer hopes to impress consumers with the sweetness and kick found in a real caramel apple.
Hitting the scene in the 1980s, International Delight successfully produced the first flavored, liquid, non-dairy creamer. In the past, consumers could only choose between three flavors, which were served in individual portion control sizes. With the addition of fat-free and reduced-sugar versions, the creamers now come in pints and quarts – representing around nine core flavors and a host of CoffeeHouse Inspirations, limited edition, and seasonal treats, such as:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (Limited Edition) – With the dreamy scent of nutmeg and cinnamon hitting your nostrils, prepare yourself for a truly tasty experience. Adding just the right amount of spice, International Delight successfully captures the enchantment of the ultimate iconic Thanksgiving dessert. Available Fall and Winter 2009.
- Chocolate Mint Truffle (Seasonal Celebrations) – Embrace the seductive combination of milk chocolate and mint in your coffee or cocoa, which easily lifts the spirits and warms the soul. Available Winter 2009.
- Vanilla Spiced Rum (Seasonal Celebrations) – Hints of vanilla and cinnamon join traces of smooth rum to create a spiced blend perfect for warming the bones after coming in from the cold. Available Winter 2009.