With fall officially in session, a dessert chock full of the season’s finest ingredient is in order. What could be more fall than pumpkin? Pumpkin is such a versatile ingredient because it can be savory or sweet, decadent or light. Pumpkins are native to North America and have been a staple in North and South American diets for centuries. Because of their various uses and mild flavor, pumpkins are the perfect ingredient to add a little pizazz to your seasonal desserts.
While most desserts that call for pumpkin conjure up images of custards or pies, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are unexpected and delicious. With just the right amount of cinnamon to make them spicy and enough chocolate to make them rich, pumpkin is the perfect accompaniment to make these cookies extraordinary. These cookies are just one of the ways to incorporate pumpkin into your fall baking repertoire and are sure to please. Try them warm from the oven served with a steaming mug of cider and welcome the official start of the season. Enjoy!
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, milk and egg.
2. In a separate bowl, mix, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.
4. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir well.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Founded in 2004, Bake Me A Wish! is a premiere on-line bakery offering handmade cakes based on award-winning family recipes. Perfected by master pastry chefs and using the freshest and most decadent ingredients available, the cakes are priced between $20 and $66, including shipping. The fresh and mouth-watering delights arrive beautifully packaged in a customized box with a personal note.
Bake Me A Wish! has unveiled its Holiday Gift Cakes 2009. Now you can celebrate the season by sending delicious cakes to your family, friends, clients and colleagues! All of the cakes are decorated with an imported Belgian chocolate plaque, a “season’s greetings” salutation and are specially packaged in an elegant gift box to guarantee freshness. For corporate clients, Bake Me A Wish includes a customized gift card with the company’s logo accompanied by a personal message of gratitude. Best of all, Bake Me A Wish! cakes are both kosher and certified by Chof-K, perfect for this holiday gift giving season.
As you all know, here, at 100CafeStreet.com, we LOVE Brownies! That’s why, once in a while, we try a new recipe.
Preparation Time: approx. 20-25 minutes Baking Time: approx. 25-29 minutes Total time: 45 – 55 minutes Servings: oops! we forgot to count! 8-10 at least!!
8 oz of unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. coffee
1 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (toasted)
1/2 cup chocolate-chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9-inch pan. (You can use a different size pan.)
2. Melt chocolate, butter and coffee in a saucepan over low heat; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on high speed for approx. 10 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture, flour and salt; mix well. Stir in the nuts and chocolate-chips.
4. Pour the mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 29-25 minutes. (try not to overbake)
6. Cool. Once cool, cut into square pieces (we used a flower cutter and cut the brownies into shapes) and carefully pour chocolate and a sprinkle of walnuts.
7. When cooled completely, store in refrigerator.
This is a very rich dessert, perfect for guests or people with a sweet tooth! Please be aware that brownies can cause addiction! :)
Please leave your feedback if you try this recipe. We’d love to hear from you! Pictures and recipe may not be re-published without our consent.
I am delighted to announce that Fairytale Brownies (brownies.com) offered to sponsor an Easter Giveaway.
About Fairytale Brownies
Eileen Spitalny and David Kravetz are the Founders of Fairytale Brownies. Their story has inspired many people: Eileen and David met in kindergarten and have been friends ever since. At an early age they decided they wanted to be entrepreneurs and start a business together. So, in 1992 Fairytale Brownies was born in a friend’s kitchen using a 50 year old family recipe. Today, they have their own 26,000-square-foot facility and bake over 2.5 million brownies annually! During all these years they have received many awards and have been featured in magazines, TV shows and newspapers accross the country.
Fairytale Brownies offer super-delicious brownies in 13 flavors: Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Espresso Nib, Mint Chocolate, Original, Peanut Butter, Pecan, Raspberry Swirl, Toffee Crunch, Walnut, White Chocolate, Chocolate Chunk Blondie and Cream Cheese which is their newest addition. They also offer sugar free brownies.
Brownies make the perfect yummy gift; theme packaging is available for different holidays or special days. You can choose and customize a greeting card that can be included with your gift.
While you are there, check their Sale page: they offer FREE SHIPPING and discounted prices on selected items.
Fairytale Brownies offers customized packaging; a custom gift band is printed with your logo or your favorite picture to make this a truly unique gift.
FREE SHIPPING COUPON CODE for our readers: Free Shipping for Merchandise Orders of $50 or more. Use Priority Code 22YQ. Expires 5/31/09. Thank you, Fairytale Brownies!
Fairytale Brownies has generously offered an Easter Bunny Love gift (pictured above) for this Giveaway. If you can’t wait or would like to purchase this gift for someone else, please visit brownies.com.
Open to US residents only.
How to enter (required): Visit brownies.com and then come back and leave a comment telling us the name of your favorite product.
For additional entries (leave a new comment for each additional entry):
– one additional entry if you grab our button from the sidebar and post it on your blog, please post the link;
– one additional entry if you follow us on Twitter;
– one additional entry if you send a tweet about this giveaway, please post the link (once a day only);
– one additional entry if you fave us in Technorati;
– one additional entry if you StumbleUpon our Founder;
– one additional entry if you blog about this Giveaway with a link back to 100CafeStreet.com and brownies.com
– one additional entry if you follow 100CafeStreet.com via email.
The giveaway ends on April 11th, 2009 at 5pm, Pacific Standard Time. Fairytale Brownies will ship the prize within 1-2 weeks.
*Please make sure you leave a comment for each additional entry so you get credited.
*Also, please make sure you typed in the correct email address.
*The winner will be announced via e-mail and has 2 days to get back to us or other name will be chosen.