Are you looking to take a break from your usual K-Cup flavors? The seasonal changes of autumn not only make it the perfect time of the year to warm up with a cup of coffee, but also gives you a chance to sample delicious holiday flavors. Keurig is a brewing system that offers a single cup of coffee in less than 60 seconds. The convenience and appeal of the maker centers on the use of a K-Cup – small containers of sealed coffee that fit into the machine. Over the years, an increasing number of K-Cup options have emerged, including the following holiday flavors:
- Hot Apple Cider – A hot cup of apple cider is a definite favorite for the fall season. Green Mountain NaturalsTM has an apple cider K-Cup made with a hint of brown sugar and cinnamon. There are no artificial flavors or preservatives used to make this selection. Whereas this flavor was once a seasonal product, it is now offered all year round.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Green Mountain Coffee brings the spicy flavors of pumpkin pie to your coffee cup with an autumn flavor offered only for a limited time.
- Caramel Apple Pie – Van Houtte offers the taste of a homemade dessert with this flavored K-Cup meant to channel the taste of warm apple pie. This is a limited time option for your Keurig.
- Perfectly Pumpkin – Timothy’s also makes a limited time pumpkin flavored coffee for the autumn season – a perfect dessert beverage for after Thanksgiving dinner. This selection is noted for having the aroma of cinnamon spices and creamy undertones.
In the wintertime, other seasonal K-Cups start to emerge for a limited time, including eggnog and gingerbread flavors. Green Mountain Coffee even offers a Seasonal Flavors K-Cup Coffee Tour that includes two boxes each of Golden French toast in the wintertime, Island Coconut for the spring, Pumpkin Spice for the fall, and Spicy Eggnog for the holiday season.
Where to Find K-Cups
K-Cups can be purchased in grocery stores, department stores, home stores (like Bed Bath & Beyond), and discount online sites, such as Coffee for Less.
Just when thoughts of pumpkin pie and candy canes begin to increasingly dance in our heads, coffee creamer manufacturers take the opportunity to woo consumers with delicious reminders of the upcoming holidays. Available in powder and liquid versions, flavored coffee creamers from International Delight and Nestle Coffee-Mate not only add spice and pizzazz to our java and hot chocolate, but also make interesting ingredients for desserts and tasty toppings for ice cream.
Introduced in 1961, Nestle Coffee-Mate holds the honor of being the first powdered non-dairy creamer on the market in the United States. Currently, the company offers more than 20 liquid and powdered flavors, including 12 reduced-fat and sugar-free selections. Coffee-Mate also provides seasonal creamers, like the powdered and liquid version of Pumpkin Spice. The following selections are available between late October and January:
- Peppermint Mocha (Powder and Liquid) – The chocolate/mocha flavor of this popular seasonal treat takes a backseat to the presence of refreshingly sharp peppermint.
- Gingerbread (Powder and Liquid) – Imagine dropping a piece of gingerbread in your cup of coffee and slowly drinking the aftermath – a successful blend of spices and the taste of an all-too-familiar holiday indulgence.
- Eggnog – Just like the spirited holiday beverage, Nestle captures the creaminess and richness of eggnog without delivering a punishing blow to your waistline.
- Caramel Apple – New this season, this creamer hopes to impress consumers with the sweetness and kick found in a real caramel apple.
Hitting the scene in the 1980s, International Delight successfully produced the first flavored, liquid, non-dairy creamer. In the past, consumers could only choose between three flavors, which were served in individual portion control sizes. With the addition of fat-free and reduced-sugar versions, the creamers now come in pints and quarts – representing around nine core flavors and a host of CoffeeHouse Inspirations, limited edition, and seasonal treats, such as:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (Limited Edition) – With the dreamy scent of nutmeg and cinnamon hitting your nostrils, prepare yourself for a truly tasty experience. Adding just the right amount of spice, International Delight successfully captures the enchantment of the ultimate iconic Thanksgiving dessert. Available Fall and Winter 2009.
- Chocolate Mint Truffle (Seasonal Celebrations) – Embrace the seductive combination of milk chocolate and mint in your coffee or cocoa, which easily lifts the spirits and warms the soul. Available Winter 2009.
- Vanilla Spiced Rum (Seasonal Celebrations) – Hints of vanilla and cinnamon join traces of smooth rum to create a spiced blend perfect for warming the bones after coming in from the cold. Available Winter 2009.