As you all know, here, at 100CafeStreet.com, we LOVE Brownies! That’s why, once in a while, we try a new recipe.
Preparation Time: approx. 20-25 minutes Baking Time: approx. 25-29 minutes Total time: 45 – 55 minutes Servings: oops! we forgot to count! 8-10 at least!!
8 oz of unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. coffee
1 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (toasted)
1/2 cup chocolate-chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9-inch pan. (You can use a different size pan.)
2. Melt chocolate, butter and coffee in a saucepan over low heat; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on high speed for approx. 10 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture, flour and salt; mix well. Stir in the nuts and chocolate-chips.
4. Pour the mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 29-25 minutes. (try not to overbake)
6. Cool. Once cool, cut into square pieces (we used a flower cutter and cut the brownies into shapes) and carefully pour chocolate and a sprinkle of walnuts.
7. When cooled completely, store in refrigerator.
This is a very rich dessert, perfect for guests or people with a sweet tooth! Please be aware that brownies can cause addiction! :)
Please leave your feedback if you try this recipe. We’d love to hear from you! Pictures and recipe may not be re-published without our consent.
I am delighted to announce that Fairytale Brownies (brownies.com) offered to sponsor an Easter Giveaway.
About Fairytale Brownies
Eileen Spitalny and David Kravetz are the Founders of Fairytale Brownies. Their story has inspired many people: Eileen and David met in kindergarten and have been friends ever since. At an early age they decided they wanted to be entrepreneurs and start a business together. So, in 1992 Fairytale Brownies was born in a friend’s kitchen using a 50 year old family recipe. Today, they have their own 26,000-square-foot facility and bake over 2.5 million brownies annually! During all these years they have received many awards and have been featured in magazines, TV shows and newspapers accross the country.
Fairytale Brownies offer super-delicious brownies in 13 flavors: Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Espresso Nib, Mint Chocolate, Original, Peanut Butter, Pecan, Raspberry Swirl, Toffee Crunch, Walnut, White Chocolate, Chocolate Chunk Blondie and Cream Cheese which is their newest addition. They also offer sugar free brownies.
Brownies make the perfect yummy gift; theme packaging is available for different holidays or special days. You can choose and customize a greeting card that can be included with your gift.
While you are there, check their Sale page: they offer FREE SHIPPING and discounted prices on selected items.
Fairytale Brownies offers customized packaging; a custom gift band is printed with your logo or your favorite picture to make this a truly unique gift.
FREE SHIPPING COUPON CODE for our readers: Free Shipping for Merchandise Orders of $50 or more. Use Priority Code 22YQ. Expires 5/31/09. Thank you, Fairytale Brownies!
Fairytale Brownies has generously offered an Easter Bunny Love gift (pictured above) for this Giveaway. If you can’t wait or would like to purchase this gift for someone else, please visit brownies.com.
Open to US residents only.
How to enter (required): Visit brownies.com and then come back and leave a comment telling us the name of your favorite product.
For additional entries (leave a new comment for each additional entry):
– one additional entry if you grab our button from the sidebar and post it on your blog, please post the link;
– one additional entry if you follow us on Twitter;
– one additional entry if you send a tweet about this giveaway, please post the link (once a day only);
– one additional entry if you fave us in Technorati;
– one additional entry if you StumbleUpon our Founder;
– one additional entry if you blog about this Giveaway with a link back to 100CafeStreet.com and brownies.com
– one additional entry if you follow 100CafeStreet.com via email.
The giveaway ends on April 11th, 2009 at 5pm, Pacific Standard Time. Fairytale Brownies will ship the prize within 1-2 weeks.
*Please make sure you leave a comment for each additional entry so you get credited.
*Also, please make sure you typed in the correct email address.
*The winner will be announced via e-mail and has 2 days to get back to us or other name will be chosen.